The challenges, opportunities, and advantages of modernization
End of support for Windows Server and SQL Server is fast approaching
Without security updates and bulletins released by Microsoft, businesses may be exposed to security attacks or compliance risks with industry regulations such as GDPR.
- Extended support for SQL Server 2008/2008 R2 - ended July 9, 2019
- Extended support for Windows Server 2008/2008 R2 - ends January 14, 2020
End of support challenges & opportunities
At the end of support for Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008, your maintenance costs may increase as your IT staff have to continue managing your aging hardware as well as software.
- The average office worker wastes 21 days per year due to outdated technology.
- 41% of business users have critical company data trapped in legacy systems that cannot be accessed by cloud services.
- 92% of businesses expect cloud to increase revenue over the next two years.
Reduce the risk of security breaches
Without regular security bulletins it may be impossible to guarantee protection against hackers and malware or prevent unwanted access to sensitive data.
- Cybercrime will cost the world $6 trillion annually by 2021, up from $3 trillion in 2015.
- An estimated 111 billion lines of new software code are produced each year — creating a massive number of vulnerabilities.
Enable digital transformation
Digital transformation has become the industry standard. Without modernizing, businesses may fall behind the competition and fail to provide the latest, most up-to-date customer experience.
- 60% of businesses see digital transformation as contributing to operational efficiency and streamlining processes.
- IT modernization can increase employee motivation by up to 40%
- In 2007,only 21% of the world’s population had access to the Internet. Now more than 47% of people, even in remote areas, are online.
- 56% of business leaders say their digital improvements have already enhanced profit.
Data regulations and compliance pressure
By the end of support, your system may fail to comply with GDPR or other regulatory standards.This could lead to many business complications, penalties and fines – and potentially a loss in customer trust.
- 48% of businesses don’t have,or aren’t sure if they have data processing agreements set up with new cloud providers – an essential part of GDPR compliance.
- 70% are concerned about the damage to brand reputation associated with non-compliance.
- 43% already question whether their organization has the ability to identify and report a breach within the 72 hour time period.
- 35% of companies fear that the financial penalties possible under the GDPR could imperil their very existence
Increase scalability & flexibility
To thrive and stay competitive, your business needs a responsive IT infrastructure to adapt to an ever-changing business environment. If your company is growing or has fluctuating capacity requirements, you need the kind of flexibility that allows you to scale IT resources quickly and cost-effectively.
- 48% of businesses say new technology will influence growth over the next three years.
- 72% of SMB decision makers say that technology can help them improve the way they run their business.
Software will be thelargest category of SMB IT spendingin 2019
Stay secure and get help with compliance: the benefits of modernization
Avoid business disruptions and see Windows and SQL Server end of support as an opportunity to modernize your application stack and increase consistency across infrastructure, by moving it to the Microsoft cloud:
- Protect your organization, secure your infrastructure, and future-proof your technology.
- Upgrade to current versions for the most advanced security, performance, and machine-learning innovations.
- Migrate from SQL Server & Windows Server 2008 to Microsoft Azure for extended support at no cost.
Maximize your ROI
By moving to Azure, you can take full advantage of your investment. Built-in technologies enhance performance, and enable end-to-end cloud cost management and optimization – while reducing total annual costs:
- Cloud flexibility -Set up and manage Windows Server and SQL Server deployments in minutes, and then scale up or down on the fly.
- Tuned for performance -To meet your toughest demands with virtual machines optimized by the team that build Windows Server and SQL Server.
- Hybrid connectivity -Get the most out of your on-premises investments and take advantage of all that Azure offers.
- Highly-secured and trusted -Protect your entire data estate with a highly secured database on the most compliant cloud.
Extend your security
Migrating Windows Server and SQL Server workloads to Azure enables businesses to benefit from the $1B Microsoft investment16 into building security into a cloud platform you can trust. In addition, migration benefits include:
- Operational best practices and a global team of more than 3,500 cybersecurity experts.
- Three years of security updates at no charge once migrated to Azure.
- Built-in security features that encrypt and protect your data.
- Security health monitored across your entire environment.
- Multiple support offers including 24x7 access to billing support, online self-help, whitepapers, support forums, and documentation.
How InhouseCIO can help
- Data Economy
- Finances Online
- Cyber Security Ventures
- ATM Marketplace
- Future of Trade
- Tech Aisle
- Enterprisers Project
- Info Security Magazine
- SMB GR
- Channel Impact
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Azure support offers